Skip to main content

Recipe Review: Sirloin Tip Roast

 From time to time, people have said I'm a good cook.  But I think of it more as finding good recipes.  Recipes that don't have super complex ingredients and deliver good flavor.  I enjoy the search.   For the last few years, we typically will get a bulk order of beef from a friend that raises steers.  We are going to eat beef and it's our modest effort to buy local and lessen the impact.  When you buy in bulk, you end up with some cuts of beef that can be a bit tougher to turn into something yummy that the family will enjoy.  So I'm often searching for new recipes for those cuts and a thick and lean Sirloin Tip Roast can be in that category.  We are approaching that bulk purchase time of year again so I'm trying to empty out the freezer and decided I'd pull said roast from the freezer and look up a recipe.  It was a rainy weekend so it seemed like a good chance to fill up the house with that classic pot roast aroma.  This recipe from Sunday Supp Movement reall

Kensington Grille Satisfies

With young children, opportunties to have a nice dinner out with your spouse can be few and far between. 
Therefore, I am typically reluctant to try a new restaurant at the risk of having a less than satisfactory meal during one of these precious evenings. 

That's why I am pleased to share our positive experience while dining at the Kensington Grille in Appleton recently. 

The Kensington Grille on Urbanspoon

I had the grilled ahi tuna over wasabi risotta and it was absolutely delicious.  The waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable about the entrees. 

We also sampled the clam chowder which was delicious as well. 

Overall, my wife and I were very pleased and definitely look forward to going there again.  It provided an atmosphere of fine dining while having reasonable prices and what I considered bigger portions than your typical fine dining experience. 

Here is their website and it happens to be convienently located near a wine bar as well. 

http://www.thekensingtongrille.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Fox Valley Blogger: Post Packer Draft 2022

 The most hyped "draft" event of all major sports wrapped up this weekend.  I am resurrecting the old blog today to share some thoughts on my local team.  There is a nice summary of the picks here if you are looking for more info.   Clearly, most Packer fans (including myself) were expecting the Packers to take a WR early in the draft after the departure of star WR Davante Adams who was traded to the Raiders earlier in the off-season. Day 1 of the draft probably left many Packer fans disappointed and scratching their heads.  The Packers went after defense early with two first round picks taking an ILB & DL from defensive powerhouse Georgia.  After the initial shock wore off, I started to come around to really like these picks.  For years, the Packers' front seven on defense has always had some holes to fix and it seems the Packers have finally buttoned up what looks to be a solid defense.  Also worth noting, there was a pretty early run on the top WRs in the draft wh

Product Review: Cuisinart Deep Fryer

 Hey Folks, I'm dusting off the old blog and we'll see if it sticks.  But for now I'm hoping to share some content and maybe, hopefully, it's helpful to someone.  The last few years I've considered cooking to essentially be my hobby.  I enjoy trying to make good, reasonable food for my family.  Nothing elaborate but basically simple and tasty (I hope).  And sometimes a little bit healthy.   My younger son enjoys some fried foods and frankly so do I.  At one point during the pandemic, he said, "Dad, we should get a deep fryer."  A few minutes later, I visited Amazon and found this Cuisinart Deep Fryer  . A couple clicks later we are waiting for delivery.  So it's been about a year, and I gotta say it was a pretty good purchase.  I've made french fries a few times, donuts, chicken tenders & shrimp.  Not a ton of use because I prefer to use it outdoors to avoid filling up the house with fryer fragrance.  But it's been easy to take out when nee

Book Report: Live, Love, and Hack Life - A Fresh Look at Understanding Law of Attraction

For full disclosure, I purchased this book because I know the author.  Jennifer Teske is my cousin's wife and I wanted to support her efforts on her first book.  With that said, here are my thoughts.   The book can be purchased on Amazon . The book generally would be considered a self-help type of read.  Prior to reading this book, I had no idea what "Law of Attraction" was.  My assumption was that it related to relationships with others but I was wrong.  Law of Attraction, put simply, refers to a concept of being able to bring your wants and needs into your life and the steps you can take to make it happen.  I think the author does a nice job explaining her background on the topic as well as weaving her personal story into the book to help the reader understand the author's mindset.  She also provides some nice, simple and relatable steps you can take to foster your own growth.   One of my biggest takeaways from the book was a concept I had never really considered un